CONNECT, COLLECT, AND CONVEY. How does your Association connect your members/constituents to your content
That was the topic of discussion when CIOs and CTOs from leading Associations met on September 9, 2020 for the Presidential Forum Roundtable via Zoom Web-conference. The peer-to-peer discussion was moderated by Prabhash Shrestha, EVP & Chief Digital Strategy Officer, Independent Community Bankers of America (ICBA).
It was a very dynamic roundtable discussion as Prabhash called upon each Association executive during the meeting to share a project in your association related to data collection, storage, consumption. He asked each person to talk about the value of the outcome.
Without attribution to specific persons or associations, here are some of the important responses which were shared:
- Continue to enhance our Salesforce ecosystem
- Reduce the number of platforms and more integration
- Consistent taxonomy across platforms
- Virtual Conferencing
- Continued development of dashboards and analytics
- Planning for new Website
- MS Power BI
- We’ve hired a consultant to help us ‘reset’ LMS, CMS, LRS, LXP, and DAM. Not all at once.
- Update our API management to streamline SSO across our best of breed, add chatbot and consider expanding member to member content exchange.
- Development of a headless CMS – centralized repository of all content and APIs to distribute to external mediums.
- New website/CMS, new AMS, new finance/HR system, new data warehouse
- Upgrade; more use of APIs
Survey results of the attendees showed that many Associations are making progress towards centralized data management.
FUSE Search – Adam Hostetter and Johnny Clayton — was the event sponsor. Adam Hostetter shared with the group his organization’s experience with helping associations on federated search so that members and constituents have access to relevant data (based on key word search) regardless of where the data resides. This capability has become more critical as covid-19 has made working in the virtual environment more ubiquitous. For more info how FUSE Search helps associations: https://www.fusesearch.com/ POC: Adam Hostetter, Adam@fusesearch.com, and Johnny Clayton, Johnny@fusesearch.com
The Presidential Forum Association CIO Roundtable series was co-founded by Prabhash Shrestha, Group EVP & Chief Digital Strategy Officer, Independent Community Bankers of America (ICBA) and Wade Tetsuka, President, U.S. Transactions Corp. email@example.com
CPE Compliance Disclosure:
In this course, you will learn how Associations are utilizes different strategies and technology tools to collect data about members and the industry, and how important data is conveyed back to the members. Also learn about what value Associations are gaining from various data, and how they use that data to add value to the membership model.
- Learn how to utilize technology tools to overcome having data in different silos
- Learn about how federated search capabilities help Associations to convey data effectively even though data might be housed in silos.
- Learn how other Associations are using data to add value to members and constituents
INSTRUCTOR(S): Prabhash Shrestha, EVP & Chief Digital Strategy Officer, Independent Community Bankers of America (ICBA) and Adam Hostetter, CEO of FUSE Search
DELIVERY METHOD: Group live presented online due to COVID-19
CPE CREDITS: 1.5
NASBA CATEGORY: Information Technology
CAE Field of study: Administration
PREREQUISITES: C-Level Management Experience
In accordance with the standards of the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, CPE credits have been granted based on a 50-minute hour.
U.S Transactions Corp. (CPE Sponsor ID: 138278) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.NASBARegistry.org.